Table of Contents
Who is Ralph Ineson?
Ralph Ineson is an English actor and narrator born on December 15, 1969. He is widely recognized for his distinctive deep and gravelly Yorkshire accent, which has contributed to his unique presence in various film and television roles. Ineson gained significant fame for his portrayal of Chris Finch in the BBC sitcom “The Office,” which aired in 2001.
Throughout his career, Ralph Ineson has taken on a variety of notable roles in both film and television. Some of his most prominent roles include:
- William in “The Witch” (2015): Ineson played the role of William in this critically acclaimed horror film, which earned him recognition for his performance.
- Dagmer Cleftjaw in “Game of Thrones” (2012): He appeared as Dagmer Cleftjaw, a character in the popular television series “Game of Thrones,” based on George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels.
- Amycus Carrow in the Harry Potter films: Ralph Ineson played the role of Amycus Carrow in the final three installments of the Harry Potter film series. Amycus Carrow is a Death Eater who serves Lord Voldemort and is known for his cruelty.
- Donald Bamford in “Goodnight Sweetheart”: In the BBC comedy-drama series “Goodnight Sweetheart,” Ineson portrayed the character Donald Bamford.
- Nikolai Tarakanov in “Chernobyl” (2019): Ineson appeared in the HBO historical drama miniseries “Chernobyl,” which received critical acclaim for its portrayal of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. He played the role of Nikolai Tarakanov.
- General Andrews in “The Creator”: In the sci-fi film “The Creator,” Ralph Ineson took on the character of General Andrews alongside Madeleine Yuna Voyles and Veronica Ngo.
|Birth Name||Ralph Michael Ineson|
|Age||53 years old|
|Birth Date||December 15, 1969|
|Birth Place||Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, England|
|Profession||Actor & Voice Over Artist|
|Parents||Father: Michael Ineson|
Mother: Bumble Ineson
|Children||Son: Luc Ineson|
Daughter: Rebecca Ineson
|Measurements||Height: 5’6″ (168 cm or 1.68 m)|
Weight: 75 kg (165 lbs)
Early Life & Background
Ralph Michael Ineson who is currently 53-years-old was born on December 15, 1969, in Leeds, West Riding of Yorkshire, England. He had his early education at Woodleigh School and Pocklington School.
In the early 1990s, after pursuing theater studies at Lancaster University’s Furness College, he began his career as a teacher and cricket coach at York Sixth Form College.
In regards to his parents, their names are Michael Ineson and Bumble Ineson.
Ralph Ineson’s Wife & Children
Ralph Ineson’s family life is marked by his marriage to his wife Ali Ineson on December 21, 1993. Together, they have been blessed with two children, Luc Ineson and Rebecca Ineson, who is sometimes affectionately referred to as Becky Ineson.
Ralph Ineson has had a diverse and accomplished career in television, film, and voice work:
- He’s best known for his recurring role as Chris Finch in the BBC comedy series “The Office.”
- In the sitcom “Goodnight Sweetheart,” he portrayed Donald Bamford.
- His work in television includes roles in soap operas like “Coronation Street” (as Zack) and the BBC drama series “Playing the Field” (as Luke Mullen).
- In the first series of “Spooks,” he played the character of ex-soldier Sam Walker.
- In HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” he took on the role of Dagmer Cleftjaw during the second season.
- He appeared in various other TV shows, including “Suburban Shootout,” “Waking The Dead,” “This Life,” and “The IT Crowd.”
- In the ITV Titanic mini-series, he played the character Steward Hart.
- Ralph Ineson’s film credits include roles in Hollywood productions like “First Knight,” “From Hell,” “Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll,” and “The Damned United.”
- He portrayed Amycus Carrow, a Death Eater, in several “Harry Potter” films, including “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince,” “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1,” and “Part 2.”
- He appeared in the 2014 Marvel Studios film “Guardians of the Galaxy” and had a small role in “Kingsman: The Secret Service.”
- In Robert Eggers’s acclaimed debut film “The Witch,” he played the character William alongside Anya Taylor-Joy and Kate Dickie.
- He also had a minor role as a First Order officer in the 2017 film “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- Ineson’s distinctive Yorkshire accent has made him a sought-after voice-over artist.
- He narrated TV programs such as “Licence to Drill,” “Salvage Hunters,” “Inside Gatwick,” and “Claimed and Shamed.”
- In 2013, he provided the voice for the Channel 4 series “Skint,” which focused on the lives of British families from underprivileged backgrounds.
- In 2015, he narrated “Countryside 999” on BBC One.
- His voice talents extended to video games, as he contributed his gravelly Yorkshire accent to the character Lorath in the 2023 computer game “Diablo 4.”
Ineson has a height of 5 feet 6 inches (approximately 168 centimeters) and weighs 75 kilograms (approximately 165 pounds). He has brown hair and brown eyes.
As of 2023, Ralph Ineson has an estimated net worth value of $8 million.